Solar Energy Company
Our client is a publicly-held Solar Energy firm based in Northern California, is led by veterans from the solar, telecom, networking and software industries, and backed by leaders from throughout the solar power industry.
They were experiencing inefficiencies in its inventory management & Logistics & SCM processes. With suppliers across the world delivering parts for the company's products, multiple buyers within the company are responsible for tracking the parts required for each product from the manufacturing phase through delivery.
The company needed a way to keep a master list of all inventory with easy access to parts' delivery statuses and other pertinent information relevant to the company.
The firm believed Riverstone Infotech can provide them solution in their MRP, Shipping & Logistics Dept and engaged us to develop a custom MRP system focused on enhancing inventory management through powerful parts tracking, management and reporting features
Riverstone initiated the project by holding extensive interviews with client personnel to understand the company’s needs and challenges. Riverstone followed an agile, iterative, approach to application development, allowing the client to regularly review and make adjustments to the application, and to easily incorporate the clients' evolving requirements. Throughout the project, Riverstone focused on open communication, with regular status reports and meetings, consistently engaging key client personnel and ensuring project milestones were met on time and within budget.
Riverstone developed a custom database driven inventory management application that enables the company's multiple buyers, regardless of their locations, to easily track, manage, and generate reports regarding the company's inventory and deliveries.
The user interface of the application was developed to be clean and user-friendly, enabling users to easily navigate and utilize the system. The intuitive automated system provides the client with a rapid, accurate, and efficient means to collect, process, transmit, record, and manage inventory data. Providing a clear view of any inventory shortages and delays, along with comprehensive communication tools, the system eliminates the need to rely on traditional means of communications, such as phone and email, etc., to manage such delays.
Some of the Salient features offered by Riverstone Infotech to Enphase:-
- We provide reporting capabilities to view board test and repair histories, yield data, shipping data, and test parametric data.
- We also provide asset and equipment tracking system to safeguard the integrity of equipment in use.
- We facilitate to track equipment location, repair history, and calibration data to ensure that equipment in use is in good condition and provide accurate results.
- We help to capture the factory test and repair events for each serialized product by serial number
- We provide solution to track their different types of merchandise through Barcode System
- We have created a Report Engine that summons the entire daily transaction processes
- Created a watch dog to monitor the replication process (7 servers) and report the status periodically to the administrator via email
- Created a report engine to send Hourly/Daily/Weekly reports about panel units and emailed to the testing centers (9 locations across the globe)
- Replication between databases (MySQL & Oracle) to make available ~5 million pieces of data on all manufacturing centers
- Using bar code scanner to register the required units to the pack-list for shipping
- The application handles multiple requests at concurrent time by manipulating asynchronously